Leverage our quality assurance program for high performance circuit boards
Printed Circuit Boards are critical components of electronic devices and it is important that they function flawlessly through out the lifetime of a device. At Canadian Circuits, we are committed to manufacturing the highest quality products that will exceed your quality expectations. Our Quality Assurance system is in full compliance with ISO9001:2015 and IPC 6012; Class 1, 2 & 3.
At every step, through the course of manufacturing your PCB is closely monitored and inspected to prevent errors and ensure high quality results. Our team is well-trained, highly experienced and committed to manufacturing the highest quality PCB to show our customers why Canadian Circuits is their number one PCB source!
Here is an outline of our 16-point quality assurance program
Tooling and DFM Assistance
- We use DFM Software to review and 100% check customer’s Gerber files to ensure manufacturability.
- Check plots are sent to customers for approval prior to production.
- First Article Inspection is carried out in every process to ensure IPC-A-600 and customer specifications are met.
- Complete Inspection under microscope of all panels after PTH (Plating Through Holes) to confirm there are no void holes, or any debris.
- Complete Inspection under microscope of all panels after film developing to confirm there are no scratches or any over /under-developing.
- Complete Inspection of all panels under microscope after film stripping to confirm there are no film chips remaining on panels.
- After Etching, inspect under microscope check to confirm no under /over etching has occurred and measurement of trace width.
Automated Optical and Inspection – AOI
- An AOI (Automated Optical Inspection) is preformed after Tin stripping process, to confirm that there are no shorts or circuitry openings.
- Complete Inspection of all panels after LPI (Liquid Photo Imaging) to ensure that there is no solder mask remaining on the pads.
- Complete Inspection of all panels after finishing process (HASL, Lead free HASL, ENIG, or Silver Immersion) to confirm no mask on pads.
- Complete Inspection of all panels after IDENT process to ensure cleanliness of pads before final baking process.
- Complete Inspection after routing process to ensure customer specifications are met with their documentation.
Test and Measurement
- E-Test: Electrical Testing is preformed before solder mask to ensure integrity of circuit (no shorts or open circuits) and final 100% E-test of all boards prior to shipping.
- Measurement: After complete inspection of all finished boards to make sure that all customers’ specifications are met and all IPC-A-610 Standards such as board dimensions, hole and slot sizes, board thickness, and board finish are met.
- Micro -sectioning: To ensure that there is no internal failure, we carry our cross section of the final boards, make cross-section coupon, inspect and measure internal structure and prepare cross section report.